Technorati adds "related tags"
Pointed out on Many-to-Many by Weinberger
. Technorati listens. I think this was added to help with the whole authority control issue -- not fix it, but help.
When you search for a subject (use tag:subject), it suggests related tags.
It didn't work too well with the first samples I tried:
- U.S. - Related Tags: Politics.
- Physics - Related Tags: Photography, Politics, Religion, Literature, History, Film.
- America - Related Tags: Politics, News, TV, Film, Religion, Literature, Blog, Postmodernism.
But it did do better on some of the other things I tried:
- SLA2005 - Related Tags: Wireless Internet, Conference, Weblogs. (actually very good, it must look at the content of the posts)
- Math - Related Tags: Mathematics, Computer, Science, Family, Economics. (not shabby)
- Iraq - Related Tags: Politics, Middle East, Revolutions, Foreign Policy, Media.
- Blogging - Related Tags: Business Blogging, Internet, Professional blogging, Marketing, Blog.
Ok, so it isn't really number of posts that helps, because the SLA tag doesn't have that many... requires more detailed inspection...folksonomies|technorati