I was so awed by the cool things Dave has done, that I didn't notice he'd tagged me
. The thing is, that I'm a very open person, so a lot of people know a lot about me.
1. Everyone knows I'm a Navy veteran, but I don't know if people know that I was one of the first two women to ever be permanently assigned to the USS O'BANNON (DD-987), a Spruance-class destroyer. That was just when they were putting women on warships. Women had served for years on support ships (since about 1978), but it wasn't until 1994 when women were assigned to carriers. When I got commissioned in 1995, it was prime time to get women to small boys and I got to go to a really cool ship (she says in retrospect!)
2. I like to read romance paperback novels when my brain gets totally fried from work and school stress. I particularly like the historical romances with the feisty heroines. (incidentally, I both knit and read romances on board my modern navy destroyer)
3. I played field hockey in high school and got the coaches' award my senior year basically for reliably showing up! The award presentation started with: "although this player doesn't have a lot of athletic ability...", lol.
4. When you hand me a gadget, I like to try to find out how it works. I'll hit all of the knobs and buttons and turn it upside down and maybe even take it apart if I don't think I'll be caught.
5. I'm pretty crafty, but I have a very hard time not following instructions to the letter. I measure stuff for recipes like I'm in a chemistry lab and try to never substitute or change a recipe. My mother in law gave me a conversion chart book so I can even know how many tablespoons an egg is or something like that. If I do change a knitting pattern or a sewing pattern or a recipe, I'll carefully annotate the recipe/pattern with exactly what I did so I can reproduce it. Most real cooks think this is very strange!
Let's see. Who hasn't been tagged yet?
I don't think John
has, nor Randy
... I would tag Catherine
, but she usually doesn't do really personal stuff on her blog... I thought for sure I'd read that David
already got tagged, but just in case... and finally KT
, another knitting science librarian.
So you all are it, I guess!